Monday 27 August 2012

FAN EXPO 2012 PART FOUR

Every year I seem to buy less and less at these comic convention. There's only a handful of issue Im looking for with current back issues, and as for old Fantastic Four and X-men comics, the ones I can afford are only  not that many. Currently I'm only missing less than 30 issues of Fantastic Four, and around 5 or 6 issues of the Cockrum and Byrne run of Uncanny X-men! I plan to start a Justice League of America collection sometime in the next year or so, just waiting for my love of action figure to die down!
Here's my comic haul, half of it are freebies! I'm a little disappointed with DC these days, in the past they have boxes of free comics around their book, these days they only give out a handful out.

Got the J. Scott Campbell sketchbook, these are probably the only artwork you can expect from him on a regular basis. Also got this nice Lady Death cover by Mike Deodato. The funny thing is, I saw the collector who sold this piece to one of the dealer at the show, and he sold it pretty cheap! Since I really wanted the cover, I had to pay the dealer his asking price! He pretty much made an easy profit that day!

Met Adi Granov on Sunday and got this sketchbook from him. He had a really nice water color Iron Man art for sale, but I just couldn't afford it anymore after getting the Lady Death cover the day before. Really nice guy and a wonderful talent!

I have no idea what this toy is, but they were just giving it away at a gaming booth!

Overall, Fan Expo 2012 was fantastic, I just wish I had plan my day better! I miss out on a lot of free sketches at the DC and Marvel booth, as well as some comic panels! Here's hoping I can go for the full 4 day next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment