Friday 25 January 2013

Kumik Jessica Alba Custom Head

I recently got a Kumik Jessica Alba head off ebay. This is the 2nd Alba head Kumik had done and I think the resemblance is is much better than their initial effort. The head seems to be made of resin and for the $55 they are charging, it's quite a steal! The paints on the head is excellent, the wig fits okay...but you need a blue tac to hold it in place (which they provided). 

The head does fit a Hot Toys body, but there's a gap between the neck and the head. I'm thinking of buying a Kumik female body, or taking out the rubber peg in the head  and putting blue tac on the inside.

 On hand, the head does feel a bit small, but that could be fix but adjusting the hair in a certain way.







Here's a comparison shot with a Iminime custom head. Hands down the Iminime head has superior paint job compared to Kumik, but then again, Iminime charges $100 for a custom head. The likeness of the Iminime is close to how Alba looks during her Dark Angel day...but there's still something a little off with that sculpt. Kumik  has the thinner more mature Alba head, I just wish Kumik would try and sell an Alba head with brown hair. I tried putting in a hot toys wig over the Kumik head...and the Hot Toys wig is just a little bigger than the Kumik head, doesn't fit that good.



Overall I'm really happy with my purchase, and I'll most likely get another head once I get some more paypal fund :)


No comments:

Post a Comment