Tuesday 19 March 2013

Kumik Jessica Alba Max Guevara 1/6 custom figure DARK ANGEL

When I got into 1/6 hobby, the one figure I always wanted them to make was from Dark Angel. Sadly they never made any figure other than the 6" figure from Art Asylum. Those figures were really nice, particularly the one that came with the bike, and the head sculpt was pretty good...for something that was done 10 years ago.

About 2 years ago I started gathering parts for a Max Guevara custom. Like many newbies I made some mistakes with my purchases, but overall I pretty happy with the way the figure turn out.
 

Here's the recipe for my custom:
- Head - the excellent Kumik Jessica Alba
- Hair/Wig - from Kumik's Maggie Q (the only Kumik head with jet black hair)
- Body - Hot Toys Caucasian female
- Shirt - Hot Toys Sarah Conners
- Jackets - Dollsfigure
- Pants - Ken's Harley-Davidson pants from Barbie. 
- Boots - Triad Biker boots 
- Bike - ZC Girl Rosanna - Pale version



 I was fortunate to get the bike on ebay. I got it just as supplies for this bike was starting to disappear.



The jacket is a good fit, but the sleeves are a little long. I have since manage to fold the sleeves inwards, so they look pretty good now. I just wish the zipper works...and that the jacket has the same material as the pants, which I really like!


Really love the pants, its an excellent fit, and really love the flare. The neck is a bit long, so I might need to do something about it.




One interesting this is, the first Kumik head I got had a bit of an Asian skin tone in it, a perfect fit for the Kumik body. The new head I got has a perfect skin tone match to the Hot Toys caucasian body.



Overall, so happy to finally have a Max Guevarra Dark Angel figure on my shelf!

No comments:

Post a Comment