Wednesday 21 November 2012

Amethyst sketch

I find myself doing more and more doodles of Amethyst during my lunch break. Amethyst was the very first comic I seriously collected until it was cancelled in 1986. Ever since I've waited for her to make a return, and she finally did 2 months ago as part of the 3rd wave of the new 52. I'm not sure if its my affection for the character that made me love the new series, because so far I'm not liking any of the other new 52 titles I'm force to collect!

Well here's the doodle I did with a ballpen.

Scanned the image and converted to black and white.

Inking via Photoshop. I'm still a little new to using the brush tool to ink. I love putting in all the small details that my eye can't see with traditional inking. On the other hand, it takes some getting use to inking at 300%

Added some highlights. Doing this drawing makes me appreciate how professional artist do their job at a regular basis. It's a very difficult profession to be in!

2 comments:

  1. GORGEOUS work! I adore her face - you captured a certain element of Ernie Colon' style for the character!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Glad to meet another Amethyst fan!

      Delete