Tuesday 13 November 2012

CHAOS COMICS!

I recently some some comics from the 25 cents bin at my LCS, and one of those I got was a limited edition Lady Death comics and it was even signed by creator Brian Pullido, artist Justiniano and the late great Steven Hughes! Like most collectors at the time, the only indie title you could get was either Image or Valiant comics...and I was a huge fan of Image particularly the Wildstorm and Top Cow imprint! 


As strange as it was, I became a huge fan of the Chaos universe when the company went bankrupt! I rediscovered Lady Death when the title move to Crossgen with Brian Pullido writing and Ivan Reis was doing the art! The artwork was really what drew me to the book and I later found out that Reis did several issues of the old Chaos series. As I backtrack his issues, I discovered other artist I later became a fan of, guys like Justiniano, Romano Molenaar, David Brewer, etc. 


The characters grew on me as well! There was Vandalla, Lady Demon, Purgatori and my favorite Chastity! Fantastic art, good colors, incredible writing, I ended up collecting the entire line!


These days Lady Death is still being published by Boundless comics, and the other Chaos titles by Dynamite Entertainment...but it feel different. It's just not the Chaos comics I grew up loving!


Like the new 52 from DC, I find myself just wanting to concentrate on the old comics, they new ones just feels...different.




No comments:

Post a Comment