Wednesday 14 November 2012

Classic Thundercats 6" and 8" figures!

I wasn't planning to go into the classic Thundercats figures, but when I saw these at a local Winners for $9.99 each, I decided to get them, and I'm glad I did. These are terrific figures and cost way less than a MOTU Classics figure!

The paints are terrific, not a lot of shared parts, nice articulation and the sculpts are terrific.


I was never a huge fan of the old show...for one thing the voice talents were pretty bad. Notice how slow Cheetara talks in the series?


Hmmm, kinda disturbing Lion-O only have 4 fingers when he puts on his claw-shield. Overall terrific figures, just wish they included the sword stand like the SDCC version.

Since I'm still pump for the Thundercats, I decided to just import the other classic figures! 


Bandai only did two 6" scale classic figure before the line died. The figures aren't as impressive as the 8" line nor the modern 6" figures in my opinion. I feel Mumm-ra's like a clown in most of these episode...not scary at all!

Here's some comparison shots


Modern Mumm-ra is a little small..but I think the should have been a little bigger. Notice how small his face is compared to classic Mumm-ra. I really wish they included the cape for the classic figure, and big bat wings for the modern figure.


Lion-O is slighly smaller than most Marvel Legends and DC Universe figures. I really wish he was bulk-up a bit.


But he is in scale with the modern 6" figures, and his plastic isn't as shiny as modern Lion-O.

Here's hoping they complete at least the classics toyline...maybe as convention figures.



No comments:

Post a Comment